It's uncanny that this sometimes happens to me - I have something happen or I see or read about something and then within a few days or weeks I hear more about the subject.
We had to have our dog Zeus euthanized as a result of this cancer and not long after I read U is for Undertow which is not about a dog, but includes as part of the investigation a dog that died as a result of osteosarcoma. Then Friday I saw on The Today Show a story about a guy who is walking with his 2 dogs from Austin to Boston to bring awareness of the disease. You can see his blog at http://2dogs2000miles.blogspot.com/
Last time this happened it was about the coal mines burning in PA. I read a book that included information about it, then, without knowing, I read a novel that included the deserted town in the closing scenes, and shortly after that I picked up a magazine at a doctor's office and there was an article about the place.
Weird.
That is uncanny Sharon. I have had that happen a few times. I think it's because we are then more aware of the subject.
ReplyDelete